I was trying to place an online order for Reebok track suit online on 03/02/10 which was aborted by me . However within half hour of the same, I got a call from india today book club who told me that since my order did not go though online, i can place my order on the phone.
The staff had solicited an order through phone and I had placed an order through my credit card for a Reebok track suit, size Small on 03/02/2010. Since it is my first order on the site, I had also been promised the free Reebok Watch. I was given the order no. 880060820. I was also informed that the order will be delivered within 15 days and that i will receive a confirmation of my order placement on sms as well as in my e-mail.
However no confirmation happened either on mail or phone. I phoned the so called customer care helpline on 09/02/2010 where i was told that "my order is not punched in the system" . However, my credit card was debited on 03/02/2010!! On not receiving any satisfactory reply on phone, I emailed them immediately with all details. i got a reply the next day, hwoever i was told that i will not be getting the promised free watch as the order was not online.
following this, I asked them to cancel my order immediately to which i was told that my order is already "completely processed" so it cannot be cancelled . however i can "refuse to accept the parcel" when it arrives.(!! ) However. i am told that the parcel will arrive in 21 days!!
The cheating/ fraud is evident besides the following issues :
1. the wrong information provided to me at the time of placing the order
2. Why is my online order/information being tracked by someone else (presumably their telesales Department) who called me within half hour of my incomplete online transaction and had access to all the information like my address etc. which I had provided online. Since the scheme applicable is not the same they should have provided me the full information instead of providing wrong information.
3. Refusing to cancel the order forthwith when it is not despatched.
4. No mechanism of cancelling the order.
5. The telephone call on 3/2/10 when the original order was solicited should be traced and analysed for all the false satements given by their staff.
Following my experience, I would also like to warn everyone from making any purchases from this site for the major reason that they risk divulging all their personal information to strangers which was strangely available to their arbitrary sales staff.
2.Also there is no clear mechanism of order tracking/ cancelling the order.
3. The staff is adept at giving wrong information just to grab orders.
4. The problems will never be redressed satisfactorily.
This is the worst and most hellish experience of online shopping that i had.