I am one of the unfortunate few to posess a CitiBank Credit Card with No.4550389184448002 which has been long discontinued. However, I have not been able to close the account by paying the Total Amount Outstanding against this card due to various reasons. However, I have been paying the Minimum Amount Due (as directed by CitiBank staff) every month.
Recently I was out-of-station and could not pay even this Minimum Amount Due in time.
I am being harassed by CitiBank and various attempts are being made to defraud me in the following ways :
1) The Monthly Statement does not show the Minimum Amount Due nor the Due Date of this Minimum Amount Due. This amount and Date is communicated to me over telephone by CitiBank's staff.
2) When I request CitiBank to send their Executive to my listed address to collect the payment, they fix an appointment but almost every month they fail to keep the appointment.
3) After expiry of the appointed date and time, I receive another call accusing me of not making payment. When informed that it is CitiBank who has failed to keep the appointment, the caller feigns ignorance and claims that there is no such information available in their office that an appointment had been made to collect the payment. This new caller fixes another appountment and this cycle continues till I have to personally call the Collector / Executive and make the payment.
4) even adys after a payment has been made, I keep receiving calls asking me whether I have made the payment. When confirmed, they ask for the payment details like Cheque No., Receipr No. etc. Recently when I checked with CitiBank's Customer Care, I was shocked to learn that all my payment details were clearly recorded in tehir computer system and this information was available to all the so-called CitiBank staff who had been harassing me with phone calls almost daily and at all odd hours (even early in the mrorning waking me from my sleep)
5) Although I have brought all these facts to the attention of CitiBank's Customer Care via E-Mail and they have acknowledged receipt of my complaints, I continue to receive calls from CitiBank rudelydemanding that I pay the Total Amount Due immediately. When asked to specify the Total Amount Due, various callers specify different / varying amounts as the Total Amount Outstanding against my card. When this fact is pointed out to the caller, he / she becomes more rude and starts accusing me of deliberately raising this false issue with the intention of not making the payment.
From the above, the following points arises :
a) Since the Minimum Amount Due nor the the Due Date for making payment of the Minimum Amount Due is NOT MENTIONED in the monthly Statement, how can card-holders be expected to make tis payment and escape penalties etc.?
b) Why the card holder should be penalised and made to suffer financial losses when CitiBank themselves fail to keep the appointments and collect payments?
When CitiBank has dailed and neglected to come clean and satisfy me as to the correct Total Amount Due against my card, are they not deliberately attempting to defraud me which is punishable under law?
c) Why CitiBank should not be punished / hauled-up for blatantly disobeying / ignoring the RBI Guidelines laid down for Credit Card operation by Banks?