I, Satish S. Kulkarni, booked 8 seats for the New Glory of Himalaya Summer Vacation Package, for the date May 30 to June 8, at IRCTC Pune office. Sorry to say, but the entire experience was not very good.
1) For my family I have booked a double room with extra bed for my son. But barring, `Khushaboo Resorts` at Manali, there wasn't extra bed. At Shimla I have to asked many times for the extra bed & it was provided late in the night. The bed, the cover & the blanket was unclean.
2) The hotel at Chandigarh, `Silky Resorts` was at it's worst. We were given transit rooms. There was no mirror in the room, the basin taps were not working. After complaining the work was done. There was no hot water till 5.50 & we were asked to come for breakfast at 6.00 am! The bed-tea was worst! Ii was a worst experience.
3) The dining hall at `Hotel Sukhasagar` at Shimla was too small to accommodate the entire 36 member team. It was not a good feeling, that you have to stay much time in the Que & have your meals wandering here and there.
4) We started at 7.00 am from Manali & reached Chandigarh at 9.00 pm. Fourteen hours in the bus! We were told to see rock garden & sukahana lake in the evening hours, just permitting us 30 minutes! Actually it was scheduled on the eighth day morning.
5) In Shimla also, no sight seeing was arranged. The mosques, the Church, the Gaiety theater...where was it all? On Way to Manali Pandho Dam was unseen for us. River rafting was added. Why?
6) The bus provided for the tour was not good. I suspect it's speed was locked. The so called push-back seats were uncomfortable.
7) Your sub-contractor was not able enough to handle the tour. The tour manager told us that railway timing is 13.50; actually is was 15.50 as per given schedule.
8) Also, there was no pantry car for the train. Earlier while booking, it was told that there is a pantry car. The food available in the train was below par quality.
9) I must mention one thing; The hotel at Manali, `Khushaboo Resorts` was one of the best hotels. The food at that hotel, the service was excellent! I must thank you for the only relief!!
10) Mr. Nirmalchandra Thorat, who was with me, was assured of providing all the necessary details, for his LTA. He called many times at Pune office for the same, but no one attended him. Now he his thinking to file a case at consumer court.
11) The most disheartening part of this is after returning I mailed to Mr. Roopesh Shah & Ms. Sandya Nathi, at IRCTC’s Pune office. But both of them did not answered.
I hope you will do something regarding this & punish the guilty.
Thanks & regards
Satish S. Kulkarni.