The living conditions in Jains Abhisek apartments in Selaiyur in Chennai built by Jain Housing are appalling. The apartment complex is maintained by Promags, a sister concern of Jain Housing. A full year maintenance fee at one rupee per sq.ft has been paid for their services effective Feb 1, 2008. This works out to several laks per month. The service and maintenance is pathetic.
Below are some examples:
1. Sewage treatment plant not functioning even 8 months after the alleged hand over of flats to residents
2. Untreated Sewage water let out to either the garden within the premises or to adjacent streets and plots. This could very well contaminate ground water
3. Lift not functional till date
4. Amenities like swimming pool and Gym not functional till date
5. Landscaping not well maintained
6. Motors to pump water take forever to get repaired
7. No water in flush tanks
8. Construction material laying around – safe harbor for snakes and other insects
These are just a few of all issues. The most disgraceful aspect is that there is absolutely no ownership or urge to attend to any complaints whatsoever even after talking to everyone in the Jain Housing and Promags organization.
Any suggestions on filing a case in consumer court is very welcome. We are also evaluating other legal options.