SUB: BILLING DISCREPENCIEY
I Digvijay Masiwal, a resident of B-42, Sector 39, Noida, having the Airtel postpaid connection with number 9810118829. I have been using this number from year 2006, my usual mobile bill was in tune of Rs 3000 to 5000.
During the month of May I activated my international roaming as I was proceeding to Dubai. Before leaving I checked my Credit limit and confirmed that it was Rs 9400. I came back to India around June end and I was surprised to see a Bill of Rupees 33000. I didn’t even have a single email regarding crossing of credit limit. (This is despite my email ID is updated in airtel records from day one.)
On confirming from Airtel customer care department I was just blindly told that I just have to pay the bill in spite of the fact that my credit limit is just Rs 9400 and also I am getting offensive calls from the airtel department to my wife’s number and other numbers.
In this regard I would like clarification on
1) What purpose does the credit limit have if the usage nears or crosses the limit, and on reaching the credit limit, why no action was taken?
2) Why I was not sent a single Email or SMS regarding the usage despite the fact that I have updated my email?
3) Why my limit was increased without getting any consent from me?
4) Why should I pay the excess bill if due diligence was not done by airtel?
5) Why should I pay the excess bill for inaction of airtel?
6) Is giving offensive and threatening calls to customers is the way to deal with customers?
Apart from this after checking my bill clearly I have observed the bulk charges are for the GPRS data usage and details of which was not provided me. The credibility of bill itself is doubtful.
I have written to Nodal officer but he did not answer anything about the credit limit.
Thanks and Best Regards