Tata Docomo Number: 727 600 660 1
Previous complaint ID: 339267207
This is regarding false charged in my Nov2012 bill. Please see the attached screenshot.
Here are the charges that are absolutely fraudulent -
Sno Date Time Phone Number Destination Charges
1 15/11/12 20:43:45 56060 SUB NTY 30
2 15/11/12 20:43:46 Bairy piya Topup 49
3 15/11/12 20:43:51 GSM_LATENIGHT Topup 99
4 15/11/12 20:43:59 Suraj hua madham Topup 49
5 15/11/12 20:44:00 GSM_LATENIGHT Topup 99
Out of these 5 charges, for SNo-1, I got an SMS informing me that some NAUGHTY jokes service has been activated on my cell. I HADN'T subscribed for it. Yet, immediately I sent a STOP NTY mesg to the given number, and I did get the cancellation message as well. I still have it. Yet, the charges are levied against my number.
For the rest of the services -
1. If you observe, all of them (including the NTY service) got activated within 15 seconds - how is it possible for a normal human being to activate 5 services within 15 seconds?
2. What is Bairy Piya? What is Suraj Hua Madham? What is GSM_LATENIGHT?
3. I was told these are some downloads. I already have 3G activated on my account. Why do I still get charged for downloads?
4. I wanted to know the links against which these downloads happened. I was told no further information is available.
5. If you are charging Rs.49 and Rs.99 for a service, isn't it your responsibility to maintain records about it? On what basis are you charging Rs.100 if you don't have any further details about it? If you still charge, how is it different from extortion?
6. What is meaning of Topup for a post-paid number?
Isn't it crystal clear from the timing of activation of the services itself, that these are false charges? If docomo prides itself about great customer service, why is it so hard for your complaint resolvers to understand the basic premise of a customer complaint?
I have called up customer service, and they were pathetic. I raised it to the appellate (email@example.com) couple days back, and I haven't even received any response!!
I had trusted my previous good-customer-service experience with Docomo, and paid my full bill on 11-Dec morning, sure that they will be graceful enough to acknowledge. How wrong I was!
If these charges are not reversed in my next bill, I will not take this lying down, and will lodge a complaint in consumer-court. This is fraud, and you should be shameful for not acknowledging it even after a customer has brought it to your notice.