My Phone was lost with Aircel number 9716******.
I called the Aircel customer support, asked them to block the previous SIM and provide new one with same number. But after asking my name and address they refused to do so, and told me that the database have some other data, apart from what I provided.
I visited the Aircel Store in Sector 5, Dwarka (New Delhi) with a hope that they will understand the issue but ultimately came to conclusion that the store is not providing any help to the customers.
Aircel Stores and Executives like Ravinder are totally irresponsible. They don't bother a bit for the Aircel customers.
* I told Aircel Store Executive (Ravinder), that my phone is lost with number 9716******, for which I have complained in Police station as well.
* He asked my Name and Address and told me that they didn't match with Aircel database.
* I told, I was using the number since it got activated
* He still refused to provide new SIM with same number
* I told, I got the PUK number in June 2012, it means that I verified the details at that time.
* "Anyone can get anyone's PUK number", he replied. (Means Aircel don't follow TRAI guidelines, and have a big security hole in the system)
* I asked him if he require the application with stamp marked from the police station where I have complained about the lost phone with number 9716****** (Palam Police Station, Delhi).
* He again gave a stupid statement, that anyone can file complaint about anyone's number in a police station.
Then he clearly told me to go to TRAI and do whatever I want.
Does Aircel just hire such Uneducated people, who even don't have manners how to talk to the customers?
They don't have any fear of TRAI in their mind, even after not following the TRAI guidelines.
I am totally irritated with the Aircel Customer Services as no one is caring for the customer's problem.
Please escalate the issue.
I need a new SIM with same number (9716******) and block previous one to prevent misuse.