1. I am a army officer who has just been posted to pune. I had applied for a BSNL land line connection with broadband facility on 22/23 november 2012.the response at bsnl office, Bhavani peth pune was encouraging. I was given a regd no as su2026343052.
2. Though the paraphernalia required to instal a connection is already existing at place of my residence( (as the occupant before me also had a landline connection), I was assured that the given connection will be provided in 10 working days.I chose the plan of Rs 850/-, i was told that i need to procure own hand set and modem for the same ( but mentioned that it would be provided free of cost if i continue the plan for six months). i procured the same
3. I called bsnl office again as no one turned up even after 15 days. the contact no of Mr N B Tengle (9420697733)was provided to speak on any problem. After assuring me that the connection will be provided in two to three days, he again stopped taking my calls. on my repeated calls he told me that i cannot be done and to meet him personally.
4. On contacting local technician( Mr Yadav/Jadhav) responsible for installing connections, he told me has recieved the order and would place the connection. However he would do so only if he recieves two bottles of liquor from my side. he has visited my place twice but the phone is yet to be installed .
5. I request you to look into the matter and take the neccesary steps that the users donot face such problems and leash can be tightened upon corrupt officials. i am sure if the can do this type of arm twisting and corruption with a army officer, they must be doing the same with impunity with a common man.
requesting a early action,
Maj Sushil Mishra