Arken soft, Kolkata, is a company which has been running on Students'/Candidates' money. For the year 2009, they recruited around 110 people with a service agreement that each individual need to pay 50 thousand rupees in two installments and this money is refundable with terms and conditions applied. Lets point out what all they promised..
1. Joining will be given on 15th June, 2009 for the batch completing their B.E/B.Tech/MCA in year 2009.
2. Company will pay a stipend amount of Rs. 10, 000/- during training period, and once after the successful completion of training a total sum of Rs. 15, 000/- will be given.
3.The training period will be for first 6 months.
This was an old story, and see what happened once the joining date came.
1. Students got a mail from the HR Dept that their joining would be delayed due to market conditions. Students kept on asking about the joining date and finally they announced that joining would be given in different slots and the period would be from July to September.
This is something that was kept hidden from Students.
2. First batch got their joining on 20th July. Now the actual condition of company came into picture. All the previous employees has left the company, and a new training center has been opened in Jamshedpur which is not currently functional and in under-construction.
3. The training started but they did not have good trainers, so they started with Communication training and the trainer belongs to the family of director itself. Now the condition is that the first batch has not received salary since they joined and it's more than 3 and half months. The candidates (Employee would not be a good word here) were kept on so called PAID LEAVE for approx 2 months, for which they have not been paid.
This is what first batch has been suffering. They are out of home since 4months and do not have any source of income.
Now it's about 2nd batch..
4. In between, they called 2nd batch to report on 10th sept. What candidates thought, this would be their joining, but the company said the purpose was to complete some formalities and their actual day of joining would be on 5th Oct. But again, as expected people came from different locations and returned back as company announced holidays for 15 days on the occasion of Diwali.
The new joining date for 2nd batch was decided to be on 2nd Nov and up to now (10th Nov) their training is not started. First batch has not received their salary. Even the company has not opened Salary accounts for their employees.
This is just for the information of other people who may be joining in near future as the company keeps on scheduling Walk-ins. I don't know what they would do with the new comers if they do not have fund to continue with their previous employees. They collected around 50 lac from Students in last year and nobody knows where these money gone, if no one has got salary.