Assuming ICICI is a good bank we filled PPF online form, downloaded them and went to MG Road branch of ICICI, which is listed in the designated list of branches (http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/investments/ppf/designated-branches.html), with form A, copy of PAN cards, and passport size photographs.
After reaching there one person received us and redirected us to concerned person.
1) That person asked us why do you want to open PPF account, better invest somewhere else from where you can get better returns. We agreed that no we only want PPF account. He said OK.
2) Then he called a lady, who started to explain us the credit cards being offered by ICICI bank. We told 'NO', we already have 'coral' credit card with ICICI. Then she told okay take another credit card on top of that credit card. We told NO.
3) Then finally we reached to '18' no counter, where he took our forms, asked whether you have original PAN Card. We told we do not have, as only copy of PAN card is listed in the documents required. And for proof you can check the PAN card status online otherwise we already have account in ICICI bank, you have database access, go and check there.
4) After struggling a lot he agreed to open PPF account. and told us to wait.
5) After waited 40 minutes then we asked again. He told that we do not take cash only payment mode is cheque book. we told we do not have cheque book, He told okay we will take money using debit slip.
6) After waiting another 10 minutes we asked again. He called a person named 'Thomas' he roamed around and went inside 'ONLY STAFF PERSON' room.
7) After waiting another 10 minutes we asked again. he phoned that person and told us that the manager who has debit slips is on leave. kindly come later.
8) Finally we came out.
Guys never go to ICICI bank for opening your PPF account. they only try to sell their policies. They suck.