DEATH CLAIM IN RESPECT OF VIJAY PRATAP SINGH
1. My husband Mr Vijay Pratap Singh who was a Senior Journalist of Indian Express suffered “Bomb Blast Injury” at Allahabad (UP) in alleged attack on a UP Minister on 12 Jul at 1130h. The incident occurred while he was giving media coverage for a minister visit to Allahabad. He was immediately hospitlised to Jeevan Jyoti Hospital, Allahabad. Subsequently on 13 Jul he was referred to Army Hospital R&R, New Delhi for further treatment, later on he died on 20 Jul at Army Hospital R&R, New Delhi.
2. We had submitted complete documents including original LIC Policy, Death Certificate of RR Army Hospital, Postmortem Report and other relevant documents in Nov.
3. Till date the LIC has not decided the claim. It is very astonishing that the NOK had to run around to get the claim, where as your prestigious company claims that the benefit of LIC will be given as earliest as possible. But four months had already passed and there is no response from the LIC, instead when LIC is approached they say relevant paper have been send for verification. As my husband died due to “Bomb Blast Injury”, in alleged attack on UP Minister while giving media coverage to the minster visit at Allahabad, there is no ambiguity regarding the accident.
4. My submission is that, if the NOK have to run around like this, what is the benefit of getting one insured through LIC. If some verification is required, special courier should be dispatch at the verification office or required place to speed up the proceedings.
5. It appears that there is delay factors on part of LIC. After waiting for four months I am forced to write to you for necessary action of India.
YOURS FAITH FULLY
shashi singh w/o late vijay