This is a complaint for the issuance of my Passport (File N. Z74005). I had applied my passport in MAR 2006 at Passport office Lucknow, but could not get my passport till date.
I would like to tell you the sequence of events happened after I applied for a passport.
1. In April 2006 all the inquiry was completed. The status was "Your passport will be dispatched in two or three weeks".
2. Till November no information was there about my passport.
In November 2006 a letter was posted to me that I have not submitted my certificates in passport office.
3. I went to the passport office in Jan 2007 and submitted my certificates in passport office.
4. After 4 months in April 2007 I got another letter from passport office that I have not submitted my certificates. I again went to the passport office and resubmitted my certificates. Till now I have not got any update from the Passport office in this regard.
5. Number of times I called to passport office but never got satisfactory response. At one instance when I called there a guy attended the phone. After some conversation about my passport he became very rude in his conversation and hanged up the phone saying it's a wrong number.
I would also like to share the true experience when I went to the passport office.The passport office was looking like a corruption market. A lot of agents were walking to and fro. They were telling the people that if you need your passport in one month then give me 2000 Rs., if in 15 days then give me 4000 Rs. Otherwise it 's not certain when you will get your passport made. I knew that those guys may be fraud. But today I think that they may be correct, because they were saying that everyone working in the passport office has his share of money that they charge as a bribe.
I am finding myself helpless that's why I am registering my complaint here.
Kindly look into the matter and get my passport made as soon as possible.
I shall be highly obliged if some concrete actions are really taken.
Thanks & Regards,
Vikas Kumar Shakya