Subject: Auto balance deduction
Myself Pradeep, from Uttaranchal. i am using this airtel connection (9897438891) from more than 5 years.
1) I was very happy with airtel services. but few days back, suddenly from my balance 10 Rs was deducted from my account automatically
2) and the message appeared was as, "thanks for using Auto subscription service from airtel. you have been charged Rs 10. Enjoy best games! Join Games Club http://gclub.in" at 09:40 pm dated 11-10-2010 from AD-54321.
3) Meanwhile, I called customer care for this auto money deduction, as it was not actually subscribed by me.
4) That time Officer assured me that if the balance was deducted by mistake, it will be returned to you.
5) I got that balance at midnight, with a message " Dear Customer, amount of Rs 10 has been credited on your Airtel Prepaid account on 11-oct-2010 "
6) but again that same incident happened today 15-10-2010, at 09:30 i received two continuous messages in first one, "You can listen to Big Boss4's earlier blog entries. Dial *5095* (75 ps per min) to listen to it" from Bigboss4.
In second one just after previous at 09:30 pm (15-10-2010), the message received as "Thank you subscribing to Airtel Blog (BigBoss4). You have been charged Rs 10 for 30 days. To unsubscribe sms UNSUB BigBoss4 to 52000" from the number 520050010.
& balance remained Rs 51.55 after 10 Rs deduction.
7) after seeing this i called at 121 to customer care for logging complaint. he replied that he is unable to check my status due to some technical problems and requested me to call day after.
8) then I asked him to please transfer my call to your senior officer because i am facing this problem second time. he again denied,
7) After that i told him that i have to call to Airtel Nodal Office for that, then my call had been transferred to their Senior Mr Joshi.
8) I informed the same to him. Words from Mr Joshi are "this is not deducted automatically surely it has subscribed by you & balance can not be refund."
9) i told him that this service was not entertained by me actully and for previous incident he replied the money refunded to you for previous incident should not be transferred, it was wongly transferred to you.
10) As per point 6, still no 75 paisa was deducted as per record, whereas it is required to be deducted as per that sms, but Rs 10 has been charged. Mr Joshi has not given me the satisfactory answer and he denied to register my complaint.
11) Now there is no option for me to register complaint, & who will be responsible if this will happened again.
Hoping this problem has been investigated and rectified soon.
Quality Assurance IPC