Following are the details of the service reports from HP
Date :23/07/08 case id no - 2602115572
1. laptop shutting down automatically - LCD panel changed with webcam..
2. One day after - LAN card not working - Motherboard changed
3. after 2 days - TOP Cover deeply scratched by service centre - 4 days
after new top cover replaced from another customer's notebook which had
come to their service center for repairs.
4. Windows Vista Home premium product key not matching with the sticker on
the laptop - the laptop sticker product key says NOT VALID. - problem
reported but no solution. - the OS was formatted by service centre.
Date : 12/08/2008 - case id no -2602477105
1. No Display - 2 days after motherboard replaced...
2. Again same problem - Processor faulty - processor replaced
3. Today service centre reporrting that Keybord faulty needs to be
replaced with again 4-5 days of part availability (alternate solution provided by service centre executives - either to replace the keyboard with a old one from different model or to replace one from another customer's notebook which had come to them for repairs)
its been over a month that laptop is with service centre..work being
affected...no spare laptop provided...just delaying the delivery of the
sme everytime. & coming up with new faults every day when the delivery is
Service Centre - SimTech Computronics pvt ltd. (Saki naka, Andheri)
please help: LCD Panel replaced, webcam replaced, Motherboard replaced
Twice, Processor replaced once & now keyboard reported faulty to be
replaced...all this happening while the laptop is with the service centre.
all of these events have made me loose faith in HP products.
also with the kind of spare swapping done at the authorised service centres appointed by HP, have raised doubts over the services fearing that someday i might become a victim of their product swapping.